Want To Stay Tuned? Subscribe Us! Don't Miss Any Update...
Blogearns

Trevor Lawrence shares optimistic message about contract extension

Trevor Lawrence holds the ball

Nov 27, 2022; Jacksonville, Florida, USA; Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Trevor Lawrence (16) drops back to pass against the Baltimore Ravens in the fourth quarter at TIAA Bank Field. Mandatory Credit: Nathan Ray Seebeck-USA TODAY Sports

Trevor Lawrence is one of the next big names in line for a contract extension with his present team, though there are not many indications that significant progress has yet been made on a deal. That, however, is not a big concern for the Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback.

Lawrence told reporters on Monday that he is not worrying about his contract situation, leaving that instead to his agents. He predicted that a new deal would “take care of itself” sooner rather than later.

“Obviously, I’m aware of what’s going on, but I try to keep my focus on doing my job out here,” Lawrence said, via Eric Edholm of NFL.com. “I have full belief that that’ll take care of itself and that’s not something I need to worry about.

“That’s why I pay people and hire people to do that for me. That’s not my job. But obviously, I know what’s going on. I’m aware of the situation — I think that’s important, too — but I try to keep all my focus and energy on being the best player I can be to help us win.”

Lawrence seems to want and expect a drama-free negotiation. The Jaguars seem just as eager, and they may already be in the same ballpark on his price tag. The only real question on this one seems to be when it will get done, not if.

Lawrence is coming off something of a down season that saw his touchdowns drop to 21 against 14 interceptions. The Jaguars do not appear to have lost any faith in him, though, and he has big money coming his way.

The post Trevor Lawrence shares optimistic message about contract extension appeared first on Larry Brown Sports.



from Larry Brown Sports https://ift.tt/VPM7kGw
via IFTTT

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post